Thursday, February 10, 2011

Our autumn walk with an angel

by Melissa Kell Kloster on Sunday, October 24, 2010 at 8:16pm
 

Today, my family and I went on a walk and gathered some fall leaves.  It was a beautiful day and I felt like getting the kids outside.  Our daughter, Ahnya, has epilepsy and struggled with a few small seizures this morning.  I thought some fresh air would be good for her.

Before starting our outdoor adventure, Elias fell and broke one of my favorite baskets that he was using to collect his leaves.  He rose quickly after his sisters started picking leaves from our neighbor's tree.  Yes, we had to inform our children that in order to keep our neighbors happy, it is best to get the leaves off the ground. :-)

The walk was beautiful and I got some great pictures of the kids building their collections.  We walked around our neighborhood lake (more like a pond for those of us from the midwest) and Ahnya was so excited to see the playground!  She dropped her basket of leaves and took off running!  She and her brother and sister were swinging and climbing all over the place.  If you know Ahnya well, you know she's a little monkey!  As I got closer to the park myself, I saw an older gentleman sitting at a picnic table, reading his bible.  I thought, "What a great day to take some time outside with Jesus!"  He didn't look up at us the whole time we were there.  After playing with the kids on the monkey bars, I sat down in the grass and looked up into the sky.  So relaxed.  After about 45 seconds of solitude and relaxation, Elias came running over to me and said, "Momma, momma!  Ahnya's having a seizure again!"  This happened to be the phrase of the day, unfortunately.  My darling Elias was with Ahnya every time she had a seizure today.  I looked over to find Ahnya at the top of one of those cork screw climbers, with her legs wrapped around the pole, holding onto the pole with her hands, but her head was leaned all the way back.  She wasn't responding to us and just kept arching her back.  I ran over to her and reached up so she wouldn't fall over.  Jonathan got up on top of the playground to get her off.  The entire time I was absolutely amazed that she was still holding on...with this type of seizure she was having, she usually goes limp.

I happened to look around to see if there was anyone that might be able to help if we needed them to.  I saw the older man, now standing and holding his bible.  He was watching intently, but had a peaceful smile on his face.  He started to approach us and I thought he was going to ask if we were okay.  Instead, as he walked by, continuing to smile, Jonathan said that Ahnya had gone limp into his arms and was safe.

I have no idea how Ahnya was able to remain on top of that 6 1/2 foot pole until we got to her, but I do think that an angel had something to do with it.  Whether he was a man of God that knew the power of immediate prayer or was an angel himself, God is with us.  I was reminded of that earlier today when I received a text from our pastor that literally said, "God is with you."

My God reigns.


1 comment:

  1. What an amazing testimony to God watching over your precious daughter! This story brought tears to my eyes. I linked to your blog through Em's Facebook page today. Had no idea all this was going on. But now I will be praying for you and your family and Ahnya's upcoming surgery!

    ReplyDelete